28 March 2012

TAP into your local gallery



These are some photos I took at a recent visit to Tap Gallery at Darlinghurst (Sydney). I discovered the space just walking past one day (which was very old school & exciting as most places I hear about these days are online or through marketing brochures). 

I love the diversity of the work that is often displayed, it's refreshing with a great mix of styles and mediums by emerging artists. The gallery has a certain unkempt feel to it but in a good way, you can take your time and wonder around casually without crowds or any polished up gallery staff watching over your shoulder. My visit was at midday on a weekday so I had the place to myself.



Bookshop cafe upstairs if you feel like spending a bit more time enjoying the space.



I’m a big fan of mixed media and collage so particularly like this series of collages (I didn't get the artist’s name unfortunately but I am sure you can find it on the tap gallery website along with other exhibits on display at the moment).

Tap Gallery is located at 278 Palmer St, Darlinghurst and is open daily between 12-6pm daily. Entry is free.

It would be great to see more galleries like this in Sydney especially in the outer sububrs where local art can really struggle to reach an audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment